Herne Hill Road Medical Practice
You can get a free NHS hearing aid from Hearbase at Herne Hill Road Medical Practice, Brixton
Hearbase is working in partnership with the NHS to provide you with a free hearing aid and follow-up aftercare. You need to be referred by your GP who will give you a letter. This contains the information you will need to give us when you ring to arrange your appointment.
These are the steps:
- Ask your GP to refer you to Hearbase at Herne Hill Road Medical Practice, Brixton, to be assessed for your NHS hearing aid.
- If your GP sends your referral to us by email we will contact you, normally by telephone, within 48 hours to arrange an appointment. If you are referred by Choose and Book your GP will give you a letter and you will need to telephone us to arrange the appointment.
- We will normally arrange an assessment appointment within a few weeks. You will then have a hearing test and your hearing aid options will be discussed.
- You will normally be given an appointment to be fitted with your hearing aid within two to three weeks. At this appointment you will be given all the information you need to get you started with the hearing aid. This includes how to get used to it, how to operate it and how to look after it.
- We will arrange to contact you to check that everything is going well and to make follow-up appointments.
You can contact us at any time if you need further advice or support.
Patient information for NHS hearing aids Brixton
This is an appointment-only service and if you need to see us you should first telephone 01303 256995 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The surgery has disabled access for all patients on the ground-floor and a platform lift to the first floor.
We operate a postal battery service and your audiologist will give you information about this at your fitting appointment.
Our address is Herne Hill Road Medical Practice, 1-3 Herne Hill Road,
For all inquiries telephone 01303 256995 or email email@example.com