The Romney Marsh Day Centre
You can get a free NHS hearing aid from Hearbase at The Romney Marsh Day Centre, New Romney.
Hearbase is working in partnership with the NHS to provide you with a free hearing aid and follow-up aftercare. You need to be referred by your GP who will give you a letter containing the information you will need to give us when you ring to arrange your appointment.
These are the steps:
- Ask your GP to refer you to Hearbase at The Romney Marsh Day Centre, Rolfe Lane, New Romney to be assessed for your NHS hearing aid.
- If your GP sends your referral to us by email we will contact you, normally by telephone, within 48 hours to arrange an appointment for you. If you are referred by Choose and Book your GP will give you a letter and you will need to telephone us to arrange the appointment.
- We will normally arrange an assessment appointment within a few weeks when you will have a hearing test and your hearing aid options will be discussed.
- You will normally be given an appointment to be fitted with your hearing aid within two to three weeks. At this appointment you will be given all the information you need to get you started with the hearing aid, including how to get used to it, how to operate it and how to look after it.
- We will arrange to contact you to check that everything is going well with your hearing aid and to make follow-up appointments.
You can contact us at any time if you need further advice or support.
Patient information for NHS hearing aids New Romney
This is an appointment-only service and if you need to see us you should first telephone 01303 256995 or email us at email@example.com
The day centre has good disabled access and our consulting room is on the ground-floor. Free parking on site and off road parking.
If you need batteries for your hearing aid these can be obtained from Hi Kent during normal business hours Monday to Friday, but opening hours may vary so you are advised to telephone first. The phone number is 01227 760046.
For batteries, re-tubing and minor servicing you can also go along to one of our drop-in centres run in conjunction with Hi Kent. You can find a list of the clinics in south east Kent here. We also operate a postal battery service and your audiologist will give you information about this at your fitting appointment.
For a list of the Hi Kent battery clinics in north Kent and South East London click here.
Our address is The Romney Marsh Day Centre, Rolfe Lane, New Romney. TN28 8JR
For all inquiries telephone 01303 256995 or email firstname.lastname@example.org